News and Announcements
Early bird registration is now open for the BCSSA 2021 Spring Conference, April 16-18, 2021.
Recover. Plan. Succeed.
With the adoption of an online virtual delivery, BCSSA is able to expand its educational offerings to include workshops for club managers, officials, volunteers, and Board of Directors.
2021 Conference Registration fees for BCSSA members:
Early Bird (February 3 – March 18) $25
Regular (March 19 – April 2) $35
Late (April 3 – 18) $40
2021 Conference Registration fees for non-BCSSA members:
Early Bird (February 3 – March 18) $30
Regular (March 19 – April 2) $40
Late (April 3 – 18) $45
Some of the Conference highlights include workshops on these topics:
- Developing Self-Compassion in Sport (presented by Nathan Reis, PhD student at the University of Saskatchewan)
- Using the LTAD for Planning & Periodization (presented by Adam Deckler, kinesiologist with the New Jersey Devils)
- “All Youth Matter: Inclusion and Diversity NCCP Training” (presented by Elisabeth Walker-Young, C.M., Paralympian gold-medal swimmer)
- Strategic Planning 101 (presented by Francis Cheung, past-VP of BCSSA)
- How to run a Swim Meet in 2021 (presented by Sean Cauley and the BCSSA 2021 Competition Task Force)
- Coaching tips and Secrets (with sub-sessions on breaststroke, relays, butterfly, water polo, and diving)
Among Many More
Also included during the conference are a variety of physical activity and social opportunities:
- Zumba work out ** (Friday @ 3:30 PM)
- “Wine & Cheese” networking* (Friday @ 6:30 PM)
Swimming Specific Yoga* (Saturday @ 8 AM)
- Virtual Aquafit* (Saturday @ 12 Noon)
- BCSSA Trivia Game* (Saturday @ 6 PM)
- Regional Roundup* – Guided discussion groups (Saturday @ 7 PM)
BCSSA Board Q & A* (Sunday @ 12 Noon)
Visit https://whova.com/web/coach_202101/Agenda for a complete conference agenda
Online Database is coming in 2021!
BCSSA staff has been hard at work behind the scenes creating an online results database that will fully integrate with our existing website. We are pleased to be able to announce that this will be live on our website January 18, 2021.
The database is the result of many hours of coding and uploading results data from the 2018 and 2019 competitive seasons, completed by BCSSA Coaches Representative Lee Vanden Ham.
“It’s taken a lot of work but I really think this will move our organization forward technologically while preserving our past. BCSSA has a rich history and it is important we don’t lose it. The new database is aimed to help preserve some of that data,” said Vanden Ham.
When the database is live it will hold the results and records from only the 2018 and 2019 seasons but the plan is to continually add all the previous year meet results until we have a complete and extensive record of all competitors within BCSSA events from 1999 onward (when results are available electronically.)
We will be hosting a webinar on January 23to highlight the capabilities and limitations of the database, as well as to answer questions that you may have about how to use it effectively in building your best competitive teams.
Registration in advance is required for the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEscuqopzgpE9ab-X9GnRouRd2b5CX6JGzJ?mc_cid=3ec0dbd0e7&mc_eid=4959b66537
(Please note that the link sent in the December 23, 2020 e-newsletter was incorrect. The above link is correct for meeting registration.)
The 2020 Annual Report is now available for online viewing!
This year’s Annual General Meeting will be held via ZOOM online meetings because of the Corona-virus Covid-19.
Each Club President has been sent a link for their club’s official voting delegate. Please confirm the name of the official designated voting designate who will be attending to: email@example.com.
All members are welcome to attend the meeting and you must register in advance in order to receive your login details:
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0vfu6ppzMrH9JCKnBVed1HvW6bJH6XLg7z
We look forward to seeing you online there!
The document 2020_BCSSA_Annual_Report.pdf was attached to this post.
This is a public notice of this years Okanagan Region AGM. The meeting will be held via Zoom on Sunday 16th August. The link for the Zoom Meeting, Agenda and Previous years minutes will be sent to the Club Presidents in the coming days.
There are 3 positions up for election this year:
Regional Director – 2 yr term
Regional Registrar – 2 yr term
Director of Competition – 2 yr term
If you are able to help the Region in one of these roles, or have questions about how to help you can reach out to your local Club President or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks! and lets keep working together to offer these great opportunities for our youth through Summer swimming.
In accordance with Bylaw 3.15.A – Meetings of the Members – notice is hereby given that the 2020 Annual General Meeting of the society will be held on Monday, August 17, 2020 at 7:30 pm via Zoom virtual meeting due to the novel Corona virus Covid-19 pandemic.
1. To receive the report of the Directors and approve the financial statements for the year ended March 31st, 2020;
2. To elect Directors for the positions which are due for election;
3. To vote on any motion that has been brought forward; and,
4. To discuss new business that is brought forward during the Annual General Meeting.
The Annual Report is not included with this Notice of AGM due to the cost of printing and shipping to members. A copy of the 2020 AGM report will be sent to all club presidents as well as posted on www.bcsummerswimming.com two weeks prior to the AGM.
By order of the Board
Dated July 6, 2020
The document Notice_of_2020_BCSSA_Annual_General_Meeting.pdf was attached to this post.