The Covid Cup Season Launches May 1st! Learn more here!
Click here for the Wavelength Newsletter with an update from BCSSA President Danny Schilds and even more information about the Covid Cup!
How it works
BCSSA will run workshops and training sessions online. You can find them on our home page, under “Schedule”. http://www.bcsummerswimming.com/clubs/6594/events
Each workshop will have a description, the coach’s name, and will also include who the workshop is ideally suited for. That doesn’t mean that you can’t join in if it interests you… just know who it is geared towards! Each workshop will be led by a BCSSA coach and will always have another adult assisting.
Each week we will follow the same schedule:
Heart Rate Mondays
Cardio workouts to get your heart rate pumping and jump start your week!
Classrooms for Kids on topics focusing on health, wellness, and sport
Werk It Wednesdays
Focusing on building our Strength, Flexibility, Agility
Coaches Corner Thursdays
Classrooms for coaches, parents, volunteers and more…
Join us for our weekly fun challenge on social media
Walk around the province with Provincial Coach Rep Lee!
For now all BCSSA Covid Cup workshops will start at 4 PM PDT, 5pm MDT but it might change in the future.
Check out the current schedule
How to participate
-Participants must be a registered member of BCSSA. Participants must register before July 9th, 2020 through your local club, please contact your club Registrar or President if you have any questions.
-Participants must pre-register in the workshops they plan to join in order to get the Zoom login details.
- Each workshop will have a maximum number of participants.
- Each participant will be sent a unique Zoom login details.
- Prior to participating in the workshop, participants (or parents/guardians of minor children), must complete the Waiver for Online Training. Failure to complete the waiver in advance of the workshop will result in participants not being allowed to participate.
- Stay safe! Follow the instructions of the coach leading the workshop and stay within your own abilities at all time!
- Following the workshop, you will be sent an online evaluation form which you can complete and submit anonymously. This will allow us to improve this new program as we go. You are always welcome to send feedback to the BCSSA office at any time: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for me?
FUN! EXERCISE! LEARNING! FRIENDSHIPS! and PRIZES!!!!
BCSSA will be keeping track of participation.
Every time you join in on a workshop, your name will be entered into a random draw for a prize that week.
Weekly prize winners will be announced on Mondays for the previous week.
We will also be tracking participation by club & region and the club & region with the top participation numbers on July 1 (or whenever the majority of swimming pools are open again in BC) will win the coveted COVID CUP!
(Prizes haven’t been finalized yet but will be worth your while… stay tuned!)
Participation is for your own personal development, for your club and for your region!
HAVE FUN AND STAY CONNECTED!